Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Outdoor Resolutions for 2017

Each year I try to make resolutions for various aspects of my life. As part of that, I always resolve to get out in nature more. 2016 wasn't the most adventurous year in the recent past. With a transition to a new job and a new location gave limited time to spend outdoors. Most of my time in 2016 spent outside was short day hikes with family and single night car camping trips. below are a few photos from 2016 outside.

Turkey fork recreation area, Desoto National Forest in Mississippi.
The Sun setting over turkey fork reservoir. 
"Emerald Coast" between Navarre and Fort Walton Beach, FL.



One of my favorite activities with the little ones is hiking when they can still ride on my back. It is also a favorite nap time for Layton. (I am incapable of taking a selfie while smiling because I am so focused on pushing the button)

Short Hike at a Mt. St. Helens visitor center in Washington state.

Was able to spend some time around several campfires as a family on various camping trips.

In 2017 my hope is to get outside and enjoy the unique area we live in more! Below are a few resolutions I have for this year.

1. Make at least once a month day hike with the family. (We have many short trails in the area that are perfect for a short outing with the family.)
2. Visit a state park we haven't been to in the states of Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. 
3. Take two multi-day backpacking trips. 
4. Take my son and daughter on their first overnight backpacking trip. 
5. Run an ultra-marathon trail race.
6. Go on my first multi-day kayaking trip.

This should keep me busy for a while! What are your goals and plans for 2017 to get out and enjoy nature more?

Happy Hiking,
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment